Saturday, 6 April 2013

Updated Rocker Cover/Engine Cover

Spring finally arrived so I set to work on the rocker cover of my B16A, the paint had started flaking off so I decided to help it along and completely remove it all and leave the bare aluminium exposed. I've seen that look on a few other cars and it works quite well, I'm going to try polish it up a lot more and then scratch in some diagonal lines for added effect and to make it look a little different rather than just the plane solid aluminium finish. I used a fair amount of Nitromors on it applying about 5 or 6 times and leaving for 20 minutes intervals while the paint started to bubble off, it took quite a bit of elbow grease to shift some of the paint, using a paint scraper and a tough wire brush did the trick though.

I will post up the progress on finishing it off very soon, I just need to purchase a Dremel type tool to get in the small gaps and polish up the dull parts of the aluminium.

Before
 During

Post a Comment