Friday 31 October 2008

Stage 1.0 | Tuning Parts Continued 2...

Well then, after the parts I ordered a few weeks back turned up I thought it'd be a good pass time to update the blog and get some new pictures up for you guys to see what I've got in store for the EG6. After purchasing the BMC CDA Intake kit I have a feeling that the Air/Fuel mixture won't be bang on, in fact it will be more than likely a lean mixture, so to balance this out I purchased a SARD FPR Kit to fine tune the fuelling on a basic level, at least for now. I used one of these kits on my EP82 Starlet and it was very accurate and reliable and simple to set up so it was an easy choice to buy another one. For the intake system I've decided to use some custom piping and silicone hoses rather than using the original silicone piping to possibly aid performance and also clean up the look of the engine bay.

Also not forgetting about the braking system, which was actually something I overlooked on my EP82 Starlet when I increased the power. I went and bought a set of APP Braided S/S Brake lines as something to start off with that will change the brake pedal feeling from something I can only describe as rather squishy to a crisp and firm pedal feel for more confident braking. When the car eventually arrives it will be going straight for its MOT and service so just to be safe I purchased as set of NGK Iridium spark plugs to be sure its firing perfectly on all 4 cylinders.

Stage 1.0 Continued.....




No comments: