Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Stage 1.6 | Part 6

Well as the time draws nearer to travelling around Europe for the first time I had to get the car prepared to a level which I was happy with. I knew the car had a few issues to resolve so I went about fixing the small things first. The VTEC solenoid gasket is a common problem that most B series engine owners face, so after reading through some forum posts then double checking using the Honda EPC I got the right part numbers for the gaskets. As you will see from the images below the engine block and the gearbox were a right mess from the leaking oil building up and becoming sludgy.

VTEC Solenoid Gasket Replacement




Next on the agenda was to replace the missing arch liner on the drivers side which I hadn't got round to doing since I bought the car from Japan. This was a bad idea really as when it was raining hard the indicator unit filled up with water and totally corroded the indicator bulb holder and the inside of the lens. So I replaced the arch liner and installed a new indicator and bulb holder. Now it was time to install the Spoon replica front splitter which I had shown in the previous post, this actually fit really well with the supplied brackets and screws, it didn't require any bonding which was quite pleasing. Also check out the newly installed APP Stainless Mesh Teflon brake lines and indicator unit.





I must apologies for the lack of quality in the photo's and no real progression is shown either, this is what happens when you don't have a camera of your own or much spare time.

Part 7 is next.....
Post a Comment